Monday, March 16, 2009

UPDATED: Just a quick note.

I'll have more on today's march on the State Capitol tomorrow, but I just wanted to remark on a few things.

  • Since returning from the march, I've seen not one word about it in any televised media in my area. Not even on KTVU, which is usually a very good station, had only a short blurb on it. That blurb did mention, though, that Governor Schwarzenegger is placing the blame for fee increases on decisions by the various Boards of Governors for the various community college districts.

  • I didn't see his commentary today until I got back, but Dan Walters, in all his infinite wisdom, took some time away from shilling for some kind of amoral bipartisanship to remind us that relatively speaking, community college fees in California are still a bargain, so we might as well just suck it up and gladly pay whatever increases are presented to us. Fucking disgraceful.

Like I said, I'll have more on the march tomorrow, but these were two things I just had to get off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment